6 undertrials attacked outside court
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Six undertrials who were coming out of court number 12 after attending a hearing in a murder case were attacked by around 12 men on Thursday.
Reportedly, Simranjit Singh, an undertrial who was seriously injured, was taken to Civil Hospital where he got stitches on the face.
However, the attackers managed to flee.
The undertrials are booked in a murder case of three men in 2011.
Sukhwinder Singh, father of Jaskirat Singh, one of the undertrials, said, "The police were taking my son and other undertrials and they were handcuffed when suddenly the rival party attacked them."
A police complaint was registered by the kin of the undertrials.
Businessman shot at outside home <\b>
A businessman was shot at outside his home in Model Town area on late Wednesday night. Mahesh Tandon suffered serious injuries after he was shot at. Later, he was admitted to DMCH. His condition is still critical. The police registered an attempt-to-murder case against unidentified people. Tandon is the owner of a machine tool factory and was walking in the street after dinner around 11 pm when some people opened fire and fled. Model Town SHO Davinder Kumar said the police found one shell from the spot. "The exact reason for the attack is yet to be ascertained; we are investigating the case," he added.