6 undertrials attacked outside court
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Six undertrials who were coming out of court number 12 after attending a hearing in a murder case were attacked by around 12 men on Thursday.
Reportedly, Simranjit Singh, an undertrial who was seriously injured, was taken to Civil Hospital where he got stitches on the face.
However, the attackers managed to flee.
The undertrials are booked in a murder case of three men in 2011.
Sukhwinder Singh, father of Jaskirat Singh, one of the undertrials, said, "The police were taking my son and other undertrials and they were handcuffed when suddenly the rival party attacked them."
A police complaint was registered by the kin of the undertrials.
Businessman shot at outside home <\b>
A businessman was shot at outside his home in Model Town area on late Wednesday night. Mahesh Tandon suffered serious injuries after he was shot at. Later, he was admitted to DMCH. His condition is still critical. The police registered an attempt-to-murder case against unidentified people. Tandon is the owner of a machine tool factory and was walking in the street after dinner around 11 pm when some people opened fire and fled. Model Town SHO Davinder Kumar said the police found one shell from the spot. "The exact reason for the attack is yet to be ascertained; we are investigating the case," he added.