60 test positive for swine flu, total crosses the 400-mark
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Another 60 patients tested positive for swine flu on Sunday, taking the total number of diagnosed patients this year to 420.
Health department officials said the continuing cold weather and the intermittent rainfall are responsible for the surge in cases this year. "We had a few days of relief over the past two weeks, but the rainfall on Friday and Saturday brought down the temperatures again. Humidity levels are still high," an official said.
These conditions, according to experts, are conducive to the growth and spread of the H1N1 virus, which causes swine flu. When the temperatures go up, doctors hope the H1N1 cases are come down.
With the number of diagnosed patients crossing the 400 mark, and nine confirmed deaths reported since January 1, Health Minister Dr A K Walia has held two meetings to review the swine flu management system in Delhi government hospitals. Doctors and scientists from the Central government and National Centre for Disease Control have attended these meetings.