600 posts vacant in minority institutions
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Over 600 posts are lying vacant in three minority institutions - Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU), Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) and Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Minority Affairs Minister K Rahman Khan told the Lok Sabha today.
In a written reply, he said 148 out of 284 sanctioned posts are vacant in MANUU, 134 out of 824 posts in JMI and 378 out of 1887 in AMU.
Besides, there is shortage of staff to the tune of about 30 per cent in other universities, he said.
Khan attributed lower pay scale and longer time required for attaining higher qualifications for faculty positions to the shortage.
The Minister said there was no minority institution under the administrative control of his ministry and these universities came under the HRD ministry.