60-year-old arrested for molesting minor
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
RCF Police arrested a 60-year-old man Thursday for allegedly molesting a 11-year-old girl.
Kanwal Jaiswal has been booked under IPC as well as Protection Of Children from Sexual Offences Act (PCSOA), 2012.
Police said Jaiswal was an alcoholic. They said he was returning home after drinking at around 9.30 pm Thursday, when he saw the girl roaming the area.
"Jaiswal was seen leading the victim towards the railway tracks in the area by three men. They became suspicious when they saw him touching the girl inappropriately and rushed to her rescue. Jaiswal was overpowered, caught and handed over to police," senior inspector Dilip Yadav said.
Police have charged Jaiswal for molestation under Indian Penal Code and for sexual assault under PCSOA. Medical tests on the girl ruled out rape.
"The victim stays with her father and aunt, both of whom are out all day. As a result, locals told us, she and her two younger brothers are often seen roaming around alone," said a police officer.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today