60-yr-old NRI woman murdered
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Police are yet to find some clues in the cold blooded murder of 60 year old NRI Balwant Kaur, who was murdered on Tuesday night at her house in Bachittar Nagar. According to her daughter-in-law Amandeep Kaur, who also sustained injuries, "...two men with sharp weapon entered the house and started attacking us." Amandeep locked herself inside the bathroom along with her sons but Balwant was killed as she was not able to defend herself.
Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh said that the team is trying to find clues in this case. It needs to be mentioned that the woman had come a day before from US along with her daughter-in-law to meet her relatives in Punjab. She was staying with her three daughters and a son in US after the death of her husband. The family was in a deep state of shock after the incident.