6-month-old raped, man held
- MoP on appointments: SC puts its foot down, rejects Govt plan to veto postings on national security grounds
- It will be a murder case, sir, Air India staffer pleads; let it, there are many cases against me, replies Shiv Sena MP
- Mecca Masjid blast: NIA may not contest Aseemanand bail
- MSU diary with sadhus as inventors brings disrepute to India: Ex-student, Nobel Laureate
- Ajmer dargah blast: Convict Sunil Joshi met Yogi Adityanath, suspect told NIA
A 20-year-old allegedly raped a six-month-old baby in Dhabarsi village of Ghaziabad. The incident was reported around 3.30 pm on Tuesday. The victim's medical examination confirmed rape, police officials said.
According to a complaint filed by the infant's family members, the accused, identified as Mohammed Farhan, had come to the village for a wedding. Police officials said Farhan, a resident of Meerut, told the victim's mother that he would look after her while she was busy with the wedding. He allegedly took the victim to the nearby fields and raped her. "One of the villagers saw Farhan assaulting the baby and informed her family," Captain M M Baig, Superintendent of Police (Rural), said. The girl was brought to MMJ Hospital for medical examination. "We will also slap the National Security Act on him; the incident has created tension in the village," the SP said.
The accused has been arrested and a case against him registered at Masoorie police station in Ghaziabad.
- Narendra Modi’s political style is similar to that of Indira Gandhi — as will be his challenges
- With BJP in power in three Northeastern states, a chance to solve the Naga problem
- India must initiate urgent reform of its archaic defence structures
- RSS has done exemplary social work. It’s now time for it to decolonise the Indian mind
- The duty to practise tolerance
- New National Health Policy checks some boxes but sidesteps basic concerns