6-year-old aspiring astronaut US boy petitions White House to 'Save NASA'
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A six-year-old boy who dreams of becoming an astronaut has filed an online petition to US President Barack Obama to increase funding for cash-strapped NASA's space programme.
Connor Johnson from Denver has wanted to be an astronaut since the young age of three.
Ever since he learned that Congress was threatening his future prospects to be a scientist or astronaut with NASA by cutting the space agency's funding, he decided to do something about it.
"My whole idea was writing off to the President and then I decided to give my whole piggy bank to NASA. I have about USD 10.41," Johnson said.
However, Johnson decided he needed to find a more effective way to reach NASA, NBC-affiliated 'KUSA-TV' reported.
Johnson's family helped him start the petition. Although he did have some guidance, Johnson constructed the petition ideas on his own, the report said.
"Increase NASA funding. So we can discover new worlds, protect us from danger and to make dreams come true. Increase the funding for NASA so that children can dream of exploring the universe. Science funding is the future of our country," reads Johnson's petition on the US government website We the People.
"To get a response from the White House, I need 100,000 signatures," Johnson said.
As of this evening, Johnson has more than 12,070 signatures. He now needs 87,930 more signatures by December 29 to get an official response.
While it may be a big challenge to get to 100,000, Johnson thinks it is possible.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress