6-year-old girl raped by 13-year old boy
- Raghuram Rajan wins over PM Narendra Modi despite broad mistrust
- Bhandari ‘admits’ to email from Robert Vadra, I-T sends seven property, bank queries overseas
- Pulgaon ammo depot fire: Two more bodies recovered, toll climbs to 18
- With March quarter GDP ending at 7.9%, India now fastest growing economy in the world
- Before his family bought plot, Eknath Khadse was told Govt had allotted it to many firms
A teenaged boy has been held for allegedly raping and physically assaulting a six-year-old girl in Southeast Delhi locality, police said on Wednesday.
The 13-year-old boy, reportedly under the influence of some intoxication, pursued the child to a desolate place in Govindpuri area where he allegedly raped her on the night of January 31, the police said.
The accused is also believed to have attacked the girl on her private parts with some sharp object as she was found "profusely bleeding", they said.
The locals caught the boy when the girl raised an alarm and informed the police about the incident. The girl was rushed to the Trauma Centre of AIIMS where the rape was confirmed during the medical check up, the police said.
The boy was under intoxication at the time of the incident, a senior police officer said.
The police have registered a case against the boy and sent him to Juvenile Observation Home.
- How Trump is learning from Narendra Modi
- Congress-Left alliance is the coming together of non-cult political forces
- SC is increasingly, and controversially, asserting control over the executive and legislature
- Odd-even II: Can we solve the pollution problem in the absence of reliable data?
- Why is Rajan's credibility miles ahead of anyone else in government?
- Bandukwala dithers. But for many 2002 survivors, the issue is: No justice, no peace