6-year-old girl raped by 13-year old boy
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
A teenaged boy has been held for allegedly raping and physically assaulting a six-year-old girl in Southeast Delhi locality, police said on Wednesday.
The 13-year-old boy, reportedly under the influence of some intoxication, pursued the child to a desolate place in Govindpuri area where he allegedly raped her on the night of January 31, the police said.
The accused is also believed to have attacked the girl on her private parts with some sharp object as she was found "profusely bleeding", they said.
The locals caught the boy when the girl raised an alarm and informed the police about the incident. The girl was rushed to the Trauma Centre of AIIMS where the rape was confirmed during the medical check up, the police said.
The boy was under intoxication at the time of the incident, a senior police officer said.
The police have registered a case against the boy and sent him to Juvenile Observation Home.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.