6-year-old girl raped by 13-year old boy
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
A teenaged boy has been held for allegedly raping and physically assaulting a six-year-old girl in Southeast Delhi locality, police said on Wednesday.
The 13-year-old boy, reportedly under the influence of some intoxication, pursued the child to a desolate place in Govindpuri area where he allegedly raped her on the night of January 31, the police said.
The accused is also believed to have attacked the girl on her private parts with some sharp object as she was found "profusely bleeding", they said.
The locals caught the boy when the girl raised an alarm and informed the police about the incident. The girl was rushed to the Trauma Centre of AIIMS where the rape was confirmed during the medical check up, the police said.
The boy was under intoxication at the time of the incident, a senior police officer said.
The police have registered a case against the boy and sent him to Juvenile Observation Home.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.