6-yr-old girl stabbed to death in Secunderabad
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP denies Geelani's claim that Modi sent emmissaries to meet him
A 28-year-old man stabbed to death a six-year-old girl in front of her grandmother and hundreds of passengers on platform number 10 of Secunderabad railway station Tuesday evening. Accused V Kumar is neither related to the girl's family nor has ever come in touch with the family.
The railway police said the girl, Priyadarshini S, was waiting along with grandmother while her father K Srinivas had gone to check reservation status of their tickets to Solapur.
"According to the grandmother, the man first talked to the girl who was sitting next to her and after a couple of minutes he took out a knife and slashed her throat. He kept stabbing her even as he tried to drag her away. Hearing the screams of the girl and the grandmother, people on the platform rescued the girl but she died even before she could be provided first aid. The accused was beaten up by the passengers and handed over to the railway police.
They were to go to Solapur to attend a wedding. The family decided to donate the girl's eyes before taking the body to Siddipet for the last rites.