6-yr-old girl stabbed to death in Secunderabad
- Manohar Parrikar sticks to stand, warns of action against Coast Guard officer
- Coast Guard DIG on video: Blow the Pak boat off, we don’t want to serve them biryani
- Clean chit to AAP: Nothing wrong with foreign funding, Centre tells HC
- Fake encounter case: D G Vanzara walks free; says "Acche Din" have arrived
- Defence is at heart of Make in India programme, says PM Modi at Bangalore Aero show
A 28-year-old man stabbed to death a six-year-old girl in front of her grandmother and hundreds of passengers on platform number 10 of Secunderabad railway station Tuesday evening. Accused V Kumar is neither related to the girl's family nor has ever come in touch with the family.
The railway police said the girl, Priyadarshini S, was waiting along with grandmother while her father K Srinivas had gone to check reservation status of their tickets to Solapur.
"According to the grandmother, the man first talked to the girl who was sitting next to her and after a couple of minutes he took out a knife and slashed her throat. He kept stabbing her even as he tried to drag her away. Hearing the screams of the girl and the grandmother, people on the platform rescued the girl but she died even before she could be provided first aid. The accused was beaten up by the passengers and handed over to the railway police.
They were to go to Solapur to attend a wedding. The family decided to donate the girl's eyes before taking the body to Siddipet for the last rites.