7 arrested from hotel
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
UT police has arrested four women belonging to the states of West Bengal, Assam and Punjab and three men from Saini Palace, Daria after a complaint was given by Sarpanch Gurpreet Happy. The complaint was given to the police stating that the hotels were into some "business" which was not acceptable by the villagers about a week ago.
Sub Inspector Om Prakash, in-charge of the Daria police post said, "We raided the hotel as we had information that some persons have come from outside states and might create some problem on the New Year's eve. We have booked them on suspicion of committing a cognizable offence but we are yet to verify if they were to commit a crime or not". He also added that they were not able to recover any identification proofs of the arrested persons.
The police Sunday raided the hotels after the villagers decided to create a ruckus at the police post, Daria. Four women and three alleged brokers were arrested from Saini Palace. Some of the persons arrested are from Punjab and others are from Chandigarh.