7 arrested from hotel
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
UT police has arrested four women belonging to the states of West Bengal, Assam and Punjab and three men from Saini Palace, Daria after a complaint was given by Sarpanch Gurpreet Happy. The complaint was given to the police stating that the hotels were into some "business" which was not acceptable by the villagers about a week ago.
Sub Inspector Om Prakash, in-charge of the Daria police post said, "We raided the hotel as we had information that some persons have come from outside states and might create some problem on the New Year's eve. We have booked them on suspicion of committing a cognizable offence but we are yet to verify if they were to commit a crime or not". He also added that they were not able to recover any identification proofs of the arrested persons.