7 feared killed as avalanche hits Himachal village
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
At least seven people of two families were missing after a huge avalanche hit Kaafnu village of Kinnaur district in the early morning after three days of continuous snowfall, which has already thrown life out of gear in the entire tribal belt of Himachal Pradesh.
Confirming this Deputy Commissioner Kinnaur Capt J M Pathania said rescue teams, including medical persons and police have already left for the site while locals were already helping the officials in the search for missing persons.
"All seven persons are feared buried under the snow mount triggered by avalanche. There is no word on their conditions," he said
In fact entire Kinnaur, he said, has been hit by landslides and avalanches, which have caused huge loss to the private and public properties as par reports reaching the headquarter.
In Shimla, snowfall started this morning completely wrapping the town under a thick white blanket.
Most roads are blocked and vehicular traffic within the town and also up to wards in the apple-belt remain totally disrupted.
Snowfall also has pralaysed life in Lahual-Spiti district where people have been advised to stay inside the houses.
The tourists destination of Manali has been experiencing heavy snowfall since yesterday.
Entire Himachal Pradesh is reeling under extreme cold as lower hills have been experiencing rains, hailstorm and high velocity winds.