7 feared killed as avalanche hits Himachal village
- Election Live: Narendra Modi addresses rally in Purnia, attacks Third Front
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
At least seven people of two families were missing after a huge avalanche hit Kaafnu village of Kinnaur district in the early morning after three days of continuous snowfall, which has already thrown life out of gear in the entire tribal belt of Himachal Pradesh.
Confirming this Deputy Commissioner Kinnaur Capt J M Pathania said rescue teams, including medical persons and police have already left for the site while locals were already helping the officials in the search for missing persons.
"All seven persons are feared buried under the snow mount triggered by avalanche. There is no word on their conditions," he said
In fact entire Kinnaur, he said, has been hit by landslides and avalanches, which have caused huge loss to the private and public properties as par reports reaching the headquarter.
In Shimla, snowfall started this morning completely wrapping the town under a thick white blanket.
Most roads are blocked and vehicular traffic within the town and also up to wards in the apple-belt remain totally disrupted.
Snowfall also has pralaysed life in Lahual-Spiti district where people have been advised to stay inside the houses.
The tourists destination of Manali has been experiencing heavy snowfall since yesterday.
Entire Himachal Pradesh is reeling under extreme cold as lower hills have been experiencing rains, hailstorm and high velocity winds.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress