7 firms make presentation for Gomti development project
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Seven consultancy firms made a presentation before the Lucknow Development Authority officials on Wednesday to highlight their expertise in river or lake front development projects.
Now, the Authority will examine their technical and financial bids to select one of them as the consultant for the Gomti River Front Development Project.
The firms include EDAW/AECOM, Tetra Tech, Fairwood Consultants Private Limited, IL&FS Urban Infrastructure Services, Hawk Design and Planning Services (Feedback Ventures), Group SCE Private Limited and Mahindra Consulting Engineers.
"The presentations basically dealt with the work they have done so far related to river front development projects," said Mukesh Kumar Meshram, Vice-Chairman of LDA.
The firms showed their experience in master planning, designing and engineering of infrastructure services like roads and bridges, water supply, sewage, storm water drainage and municipal solid waste. They have already submitted their bids for this project before June 15. "Financial bids of only those firms will be considered who had qualified in the technical bid," said an official.
The examination of the technical as well the financial bids will take at least 15 days and only after that the consultant will be selected.
The Authority during the presentation specified that the selected consultant will have to undertake an eight-month study of the physical characteristics of the Gomti project area (about 58 sq metre inclusive of the river bed) and its hydraulic feasibility.
The consultant will have to discuss about the project with people from the local resident welfare associations as well as eminent personalities from Lucknow.
Under the Gomti River Front Development Plan, a channel will be created throughout the river's 14-km stretch in Lucknow. Several public utility facilities like play grounds, amusements parks and jogging tracks will be developed along the river.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today