7 Indian restaurants named among Asia's top 50
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Seven of India's restaurants have been included in the top 50 best restaurants list from Asia for the year 2013.
Tokyo restaurant Narisawa, which combines French cuisine with earthy Japanese tones, was named Asia's best restaurant at the inaugural S.Pelligrino Asia's 50 Best Restaurants awards, held in Singapore on Monday, CNN Travel reported.
Known for his wild imagination, chef Noshihiro Narisawa's restaurant has grown a massive following by serving dishes made with seasonal ingredients.
An offshoot of the famed World's 50 Best Restaurants awards, Asia's 50 Best Restaurants were voted on by a group of more than 900 international members of The Diners Club World's 50 Best Restaurants Academy.
The panel is made up of food critics, chefs, restaurateurs and culinary experts.
The top gong wasn't unexpected -- Yoshihiro Narisawa's Tokyo-based restaurant has consistently rated among Asia's highest on the S.Pelligrino global list. Narisawa was ranked 27th on the World's Best Restaurants 2012 list.
This year saw a version of the awards focus solely on Asia.
Another Tokyo restaurant, Nihonryori Ryugin, placed second. In third is Bangkok's Nahm restaurant -- one of two Thai eateries in the top 10.
Amber restaurant, in Landmark Mandarin Oriental hotel in fourth place was deemed Hong Kong's best restaurant, while Singapore's Restaurant Andre rounded out the first five places.
S.Pelligrino Asia's 50 Best Restaurants for 2013 are:
1. Narisawa (Tokyo)
2. Nihonryori Ryugin (Tokyo)
3. Nahm (Bangkok)
4. Amber (Hong Kong)
5. Restaurant Andre (Singapore)
6. 8˝ Otto e Mezzo Bombana (Hong Kong)
7. Mr & Mrs Bund (Shanghai)
8. Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet (Shanghai)
9. Iggy's (Singapore)
10. Gaggan (Bangkok)
11. Waku Ghin (Singapore)
12. Caprice (Hong Kong)
13. Lung King Heen (Hong Kong)
14. Les Amis (Singapore)
15. Bo Innovation (Hong Kong)
16. Quintessence (Tokyo)
17. Dum Pukht (New Delhi)
18. The Chairman (Hong Kong)