Reasons why Shah Rukh Khan's Chennai Express can break Box Office records
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: 40 per cent electorate caste vote in first seven hours
Last week, we carried a special feature on some of the records Shah Rukh Khan intends on breaking with his forthcoming release Chennai Express. In a follow up to the same, we take a look at some of the things the makers of the film are doing to ensure that the SRK - Deepika Padukone starrer verifies its claim to the top slot when it comes to record breaking films.
Garnering one of the widest release overseas/International markets
Starting off, what ensures a film's success is not only the lead actors, the script or the story, but even the release, and the market share captured by it. It's been reported umpteen times by now that the makers, UTV Motion Pictures and Red Chillies, are releasing Chennai Express in more theaters than any other Bollywood movie in the history of Indian cinemas overseas. In fact, the movie is releasing in 50+ countries and in 700+ screens which makes it the widest simultaneous world release for an Indian film. Apart from this, the film will also be releasing in Morocco, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France, Peru and Israel and that too on the same day and date.
Festive release date
Besides having the biggest worldwide release, the smart minds at the production houses are capitalizing on the festive weekend of Eid, which happens to be one of the biggest festivals in many Muslim countries like Gulf, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore. Now consider this, with the fact that in such territories almost no films releases during Ramzan, and the queue of release post the culmination of the holy month, coupled with the massive number of screens and not forgetting Khan's massive fan base, the film is a sure shot winner.
Commenting on the global release of the film, Amrita Pandey, Executive Director - Syndication, International Distribution & Disney Media Distribution, Studios, Disney UTV says, "There's been an obvious and huge demand for Chennai Express across cinemas worldwide. In many countries, Eid - school mid-term holidays have made next weekend one of the busiest in terms of number of English and international language releases. In such a week, the number of screens, locations and shows we've secured for this movie gives it the right footprint."
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling