70 per cent women fake orgasm to avoid hurting partner's feelings
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Seven out of ten women and nearly a third of men have pretended to climax to avoid hurting their partner's feelings, a new research has claimed.
The study, which was carried out by the University of Kansas, found that both sexes gave the same reasons as to why they faked it - a partner's orgasm was imminent so they felt under pressure to climax, the Daily Mail reported.
Other commonly cited reasons were that they wanted to end - without hurting their partner's feelings - or they were bored after an orgasm seemed unlikely.
For the study, the researchers questioned 281 male and female students about their sexual habits.
It found that in many cases, both sexes simulated orgasms as they felt too much pressure to enjoy real sex.
The report claimed that the emphasis on men's ability to give their partners "earth-shaking orgasms" sometimes lead both the sexes to pretend orgasm to meet these expectations.
Sex expert Tracey Cox of the online erotic retailer Lovehoney said that some women feel that they need to provide evidence that they're enjoying themselves.
She added that they may also bluff as they find it difficult to orgasm from penetrative sex alone.
The study has been published in the Journal of Sex Research.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express