70-year-old man arrested for unnatural sex with minor girl
- Arvind Kejriwal now claims CBI has been told to target Opposition
- PM Modi asks NDA ministers to 'expose' opposition, highlight achievements
- US: Sikh boy detained for 3 nights after bully says he has bomb
- At home of al-Qaeda’s India head, distraught father’s 20-year wait
- Ahmedabad air quality: From worse to just bad?
A 70-year-old man was today arrested for allegedly having unnatural sex with a 13-year-old girl after a common acquaintance saw the video-clip of the act on his lost mobile phone, police said.
Accused Niyaz Ahmed Hassan Raza, a trustee of a local mosque who used to teach Arabic, was apprehended from Shivajinagar for allegedly sexually abusing the girl student a month ago and filming it, they said.
According to police, Raza committed the crime after he took the victim to the first floor of the complex housing the mosque on the pretext of giving some fresh text.
The incident came to light after Raza lost his mobile three-four days ago. It was found by a local resident who is known to both Raza and the father of victim.
While browsing, he came across the clip and informed the parent following which they lodged a police complaint.
- Rahul Gandhi’s response to the ‘National Herald’ case raises questions
- Pawar's 75th birthday brought diverse politicians on the same stage
- Will the Afghan political and security situation allow Tapi gas pipeline to happen?
- DGs and IGs conference should roadmap meeting policing and internal security challenges
- GDP price deflator is negative. So why can’t the RBI cut rates?
- Policies, reforms and infrastructure need to be redesigned