70-year-old man arrested for unnatural sex with minor girl
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
A 70-year-old man was today arrested for allegedly having unnatural sex with a 13-year-old girl after a common acquaintance saw the video-clip of the act on his lost mobile phone, police said.
Accused Niyaz Ahmed Hassan Raza, a trustee of a local mosque who used to teach Arabic, was apprehended from Shivajinagar for allegedly sexually abusing the girl student a month ago and filming it, they said.
According to police, Raza committed the crime after he took the victim to the first floor of the complex housing the mosque on the pretext of giving some fresh text.
The incident came to light after Raza lost his mobile three-four days ago. It was found by a local resident who is known to both Raza and the father of victim.
While browsing, he came across the clip and informed the parent following which they lodged a police complaint.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi