70-year-old raped by nephew in Jind village
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
On December 2, when the victim was sleeping in the verandah of her residence, the accused allegedly came to her house and forcibly took her inside a room and raped her
A 70-year-old woman was allegedly raped by her nephew in Jind district's Budhakhera village. The accused, who lived in the same village, is absconding.
According to the police, the incident took place on the evening of December 2, when the victim was sleeping in the verandah of her residence. The accused allegedly came to her house and forcibly took her inside a room and raped her.
The victim's husband was not at home when the incident took place. When he returned home in the night, he came to know about the incident.
The matter was reported to the police on Monday and a case was registered against the accused. The woman was medically examined at the civil hospital in Safidon town of Jind. The report confirmed that she has been raped.
"The wife of the accused had deserted him a couple of years ago and he used to stay alone. On Sunday evening, when he found the woman alone, he committed the crime. We have constituted several teams to arrest him," Sub-Inspector Gurdial, the investigating officer of the case, said.