70-year-old raped by nephew in Jind village
- LIVE: Election Commission issues notice to AAP over clashes with BJP workers
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
On December 2, when the victim was sleeping in the verandah of her residence, the accused allegedly came to her house and forcibly took her inside a room and raped her
A 70-year-old woman was allegedly raped by her nephew in Jind district's Budhakhera village. The accused, who lived in the same village, is absconding.
According to the police, the incident took place on the evening of December 2, when the victim was sleeping in the verandah of her residence. The accused allegedly came to her house and forcibly took her inside a room and raped her.
The victim's husband was not at home when the incident took place. When he returned home in the night, he came to know about the incident.
The matter was reported to the police on Monday and a case was registered against the accused. The woman was medically examined at the civil hospital in Safidon town of Jind. The report confirmed that she has been raped.
"The wife of the accused had deserted him a couple of years ago and he used to stay alone. On Sunday evening, when he found the woman alone, he committed the crime. We have constituted several teams to arrest him," Sub-Inspector Gurdial, the investigating officer of the case, said.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students