70-year-old raped by nephew in Jind village
- Turkey twin blasts: At least 86 killed, 186 injured; PM says attack could be suicide bombings
- I have become a victim of party's internal politics, says sacked AAP minister Asim Ahmed
- Now, Malayalam novelist Sarah Joseph returns her Sahitya Academy award
- Nawaz Sharif invites Hurriyat leader Geelani to Pakistan
- Indrani Mukerjea collapsed due to weakness; no drug overdose or poison, say jail authorities
On December 2, when the victim was sleeping in the verandah of her residence, the accused allegedly came to her house and forcibly took her inside a room and raped her
A 70-year-old woman was allegedly raped by her nephew in Jind district's Budhakhera village. The accused, who lived in the same village, is absconding.
According to the police, the incident took place on the evening of December 2, when the victim was sleeping in the verandah of her residence. The accused allegedly came to her house and forcibly took her inside a room and raped her.
The victim's husband was not at home when the incident took place. When he returned home in the night, he came to know about the incident.
The matter was reported to the police on Monday and a case was registered against the accused. The woman was medically examined at the civil hospital in Safidon town of Jind. The report confirmed that she has been raped.
"The wife of the accused had deserted him a couple of years ago and he used to stay alone. On Sunday evening, when he found the woman alone, he committed the crime. We have constituted several teams to arrest him," Sub-Inspector Gurdial, the investigating officer of the case, said.