70-year-old robbed, murdered in Lucknow
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A 70-year-old man was murdered and his house robbed by unidentified persons in Tal Katora area. The blood-stained body of Shyam Narayan Shukla was found at his house in Muneshwarpuram locality by his neighbour Ramesh on Tuesday morning.
Shukla was living alone in the house after retirement as a machine operator in the Health Department as his two sons Arun and Amit reside in Delhi. Ramesh then informed Shukla's son-in-law Ramashankar Tiwari who lives in Bazarkhala area. Tiwari then informed the police about the incident. Police have lodged an FIR under IPC 302 (murder) and 394 (voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery) against unidentified persons on the complaint of Tiwari who alleged that Shukla's throat had been slit with a sharp-edged weapon and his two rings were missing. Besides, the household goods were scattered around.
Tal Katora station officer Vinod Kumar Yadav said the police had detained some people for interrogation.