75,000 pilgrims pay obeisance at Amarnath cave shrine
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Over 75,000 devotees have paid obeisance at the Amarnath cave shrine so far even as the eighth batch of 2,176 pilgrims today left for their upward journey to the south Kashmir Himalayas. Over 75,000 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the cave shrine till last evening, yatra officials said.
A convoy of 81 vehicles carrying 2,176 pilgrims left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 4.56 AM towards Amarnath to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine, police said today.
The batch comprising 1,596 male, 456 women and 37 children, apart from 87 sadhus, are en route twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in Kashmir Valley. With today's batch, a total of 18,177 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for the cave shrine so far.