75-yr-old sent to judicial custody for ‘harassing’ wife
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
A 75-year-old man was sent to judicial custody on Monday for allegedly harassing his wife in Surat.
His 55-year-old wife had lodged an FIR alleging that her husband mentally and physically harassed her.
As per details, Champaklal Kapadaia, a resident of Vrindavan society at Sachin, was a retired businessman and living alone after his first wife died two years ago. They had no child.
Later on, he decided to get married and registered himself in Sarvajati Lagna Melo (a mass marriage fair) at Sagrampura. Four months ago, he was invited in one gathering where he met Gayetri Bhatt, a resident of Udhna and in September 2012 they got married. She was a divorce and living with her 29-year-old son.
After passing one month in a pleasant way, quarrel started between them over trivial issues, police said. Fed up of these, she had left his house with her son 15 days ago.
On Saturday, she lodged the complaint against him at Sachin police station alleging that he had tortured her several times and stolen ornaments which she had brought with her after the marriage.
He was produced in a local court on Monday and was later send to judicial custody at Surat Central jail.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today