75-yr-old sent to judicial custody for ‘harassing’ wife
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
A 75-year-old man was sent to judicial custody on Monday for allegedly harassing his wife in Surat.
His 55-year-old wife had lodged an FIR alleging that her husband mentally and physically harassed her.
As per details, Champaklal Kapadaia, a resident of Vrindavan society at Sachin, was a retired businessman and living alone after his first wife died two years ago. They had no child.
Later on, he decided to get married and registered himself in Sarvajati Lagna Melo (a mass marriage fair) at Sagrampura. Four months ago, he was invited in one gathering where he met Gayetri Bhatt, a resident of Udhna and in September 2012 they got married. She was a divorce and living with her 29-year-old son.
After passing one month in a pleasant way, quarrel started between them over trivial issues, police said. Fed up of these, she had left his house with her son 15 days ago.
On Saturday, she lodged the complaint against him at Sachin police station alleging that he had tortured her several times and stolen ornaments which she had brought with her after the marriage.