78,000 sq km of Indian territory under Pak occupation: Govt
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- BSY keeps a low profile, his supporters not sure about BJP
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Near n-plant site, Muslim village swings towards Sena
Pakistan has been in illegal and forcible occupation of 78,000 sq km of Indian territory in Jammu and Kashmir, Lok Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran also said that under the 'Sino-Pakistan boundary agreement of 1963', Pakistan has illegally ceded 5180 sq km of Indian territory in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir to China.
The Minister said there is no encroachment by foreign countries along the Indo-Bangladesh, Indo-China, Indo-Nepal, Indo-Bhutan and Indo-Myanmar borders.
"Government remains vigilant and is firm in its resolve to take necessary steps to effectively safeguard India's security and territorial integrity," he said.