7-month-old baby boy stolen from Deen Dayal hospital
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A seven-month-old baby boy has been stolen by an unidentified woman from Deen Dayal Upadhyay (DDU) hospital in West Delhi, police said on Thursday.
According to police, the incident took place on Wednesday afternoon when a woman named Parul along with her 15-year-old brother-in-law had come to the hospital to get the child's check up done.
"After getting the check up done, she was standing in queue outside the dispensary of the hospital to buy medicines. She was holding the baby in one hand and the prescription in the other when a woman, whose head was covered with a black stole, offered to help her in holding the baby which Parul accepted," said a police official.
However, after buying the medicines when Parul turned back, the woman had vanished with the baby, police said.
"We received a PCR call at around 4 PM. We have registered a case and investigations are on. In the CCTV footages obtained from the hospital, a lady is seen taking the baby," said a police official. A case has been registered at Hari Nagar police station.
Meanwhile, Dr Praveena Goel, Additional Medical Superintendent of the hospital, denied allegations that the incident happened due to laxity in security.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun