7-month-old baby boy stolen from Deen Dayal hospital
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A seven-month-old baby boy has been stolen by an unidentified woman from Deen Dayal Upadhyay (DDU) hospital in West Delhi, police said on Thursday.
According to police, the incident took place on Wednesday afternoon when a woman named Parul along with her 15-year-old brother-in-law had come to the hospital to get the child's check up done.
"After getting the check up done, she was standing in queue outside the dispensary of the hospital to buy medicines. She was holding the baby in one hand and the prescription in the other when a woman, whose head was covered with a black stole, offered to help her in holding the baby which Parul accepted," said a police official.
However, after buying the medicines when Parul turned back, the woman had vanished with the baby, police said.
"We received a PCR call at around 4 PM. We have registered a case and investigations are on. In the CCTV footages obtained from the hospital, a lady is seen taking the baby," said a police official. A case has been registered at Hari Nagar police station.
Meanwhile, Dr Praveena Goel, Additional Medical Superintendent of the hospital, denied allegations that the incident happened due to laxity in security.