7-year-old shot by friendís brother
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Kolkata: A seven-year-old was shot dead when a quarrel over a game of football with another boy led to a heated argument between the familes of the two boys in Titagarh in North 24-Parganas on Tuesday evening. In the middle of the quarrel, 20-year-old Mohd Arman, the elder brother of one of the boys, took out a pistol and shot fired at the other boy. The boy, who received the bullet on his chest, was taken to BN Bose Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival. A complaint was later lodged at Titagarh police station. Arman is absconding since then. Police Commissioner of Barrackpore, Sanjay Singh, visited the place on Wednesday and expressed his concern about the accessibility of firearms to youngsters.
"Efforts are on to nab the offenders and recover the arms as well," he said.
Fire destroys over 100 shanties in Kolkata
Kolkata: A devastating fire destroyed over 100 shanties in Tangra area in Kolkata on Wednesday, but there was no report of any loss of life. Ten tenders of the fire brigade battled the blaze for an hour and brought it under control.