8 men gangrape girl in Aurangabad
- PM Narendra Modi calls meeting to review 'Most Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan
- BK Bansal, senior bureaucrat, commits suicide along with son at his Delhi residence
- US presidential debate: Trump, Hillary Clinton deny their own words
- Nine out of ten people in world breathing polluted air: WHO
- Behind the voices at Maratha rallies, an anti-Dalit tone
A 22-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by eight men in Baijipura locality here in the wee hours today, police said.
According to police, the gang forcibly took the victim with them when she was home late last night. She was taken to a nearby secluded place and raped.
Hearing the girl's screams, people residing nearby came to the spot and caught hold of Ram Bodkhe and Pratik Chinchole. The remaining accused managed to escape. The duo were beaten up and later handed over to police.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump