8 men gangrape girl in Aurangabad
- Hardik Patel walks out of Lajpore jail after nine months
- Op Sankat Mochan: First flight carrying evacuated Indians from South Sudan reaches Kerala
- Behind Nice attack, a Caliphate in retreat
- Infosys Q1 net profit up 13 percent, but misses estimates; shares slide
- Arunachal CM Tuki wants 'reasonable' time, says Gov decision for floor test by Saturday 'hasty'
A 22-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by eight men in Baijipura locality here in the wee hours today, police said.
According to police, the gang forcibly took the victim with them when she was home late last night. She was taken to a nearby secluded place and raped.
Hearing the girl's screams, people residing nearby came to the spot and caught hold of Ram Bodkhe and Pratik Chinchole. The remaining accused managed to escape. The duo were beaten up and later handed over to police.
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality
- Bangladesh urgently needs to overhaul its anti-terror strategy
- New Delhi’s reverie is rudely interrupted by Kashmir reality again
- India’s population stabilisation: Three states hold the key
- The bully is bad news for the victim — and for himself
- In the Northeast, an uneasy new alliance