8 SRFTI students suspended for ‘ragging’
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi to file nomination papers from Amethi today
The Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institution (SRFTI) authorities have suspended eight students on charges of ragging, but the authorities are yet to lodge an FIR against the accused students.
"We received complaints through emails claiming that first-year students were being ragged by students of second and third year earlier this week," said a senior official of SRFTI."The situation is under control, there is no need to file FIR against the students."
SRFTI authorities have formed an inquiry committee to investigate the matter. Disciplinary action will be taken against the offenders after the report is submitted to the authorities, the official added.
The accused students have been served a notice of expulsion from the SRFTI hostel.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit