8 SRFTI students suspended for ‘ragging’
- India can boycott parliamentary conference, will not invite J-K Assembly Speaker: Pakistan
- Congress stalls GST Bill in Rajya Sabha; Jaitley attacks Sonia, Rahul
- Modi hails Mulayam's support to end logjam in Parliament
- Aadhaar card will be optional for availing social benefit schemes: Supreme Court
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad, husband Javed Anand
The Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institution (SRFTI) authorities have suspended eight students on charges of ragging, but the authorities are yet to lodge an FIR against the accused students.
"We received complaints through emails claiming that first-year students were being ragged by students of second and third year earlier this week," said a senior official of SRFTI."The situation is under control, there is no need to file FIR against the students."
SRFTI authorities have formed an inquiry committee to investigate the matter. Disciplinary action will be taken against the offenders after the report is submitted to the authorities, the official added.
The accused students have been served a notice of expulsion from the SRFTI hostel.