8 SRFTI students suspended for ‘ragging’
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
The Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institution (SRFTI) authorities have suspended eight students on charges of ragging, but the authorities are yet to lodge an FIR against the accused students.
"We received complaints through emails claiming that first-year students were being ragged by students of second and third year earlier this week," said a senior official of SRFTI."The situation is under control, there is no need to file FIR against the students."
SRFTI authorities have formed an inquiry committee to investigate the matter. Disciplinary action will be taken against the offenders after the report is submitted to the authorities, the official added.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it