8 SRFTI students suspended for ‘ragging’
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
The Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institution (SRFTI) authorities have suspended eight students on charges of ragging, but the authorities are yet to lodge an FIR against the accused students.
"We received complaints through emails claiming that first-year students were being ragged by students of second and third year earlier this week," said a senior official of SRFTI."The situation is under control, there is no need to file FIR against the students."
SRFTI authorities have formed an inquiry committee to investigate the matter. Disciplinary action will be taken against the offenders after the report is submitted to the authorities, the official added.