84 pct people in Bradman backyard say Tendulkar is best ever
- Lakhvi's release: PM Modi conveys India's concerns to China
- Modi must do to Raje, Swaraj what we did to Tomar: Arvind Kejriwal
- AIPMT test to be re-conducted on July 25: CBSE
- Palamu Express derails following blast by suspected Maoists in Jharkhand
- All Income Tax refunds to be put directly in bank accounts: CBDT
A staggering 84 per cent people reacted with a 'yes' in an Australian newspaper online poll which asked, 'Is Sachin Tendulkar best batsman ever?'
The online poll was conducted by the 'Sydney Morning Herald' and close to 15,000 visitors took part in it.
Only 16 per cent of the respondents felt otherwise.
Tendulkar is going great guns even at the age of 37 and only two days ago he became the first batsman in the history of Test cricket to touch the 14,000 run mark.
He hit his sixth Test double hundred during the second Test against Australia and played a crucial role in India's 2-0 series win on Wednesday.
The Indian batting icon won the ICC Cricketer of the Year award early this month.
The Mumbaikar is also the highest run getter in One-day cricket with 17,598 runs and is only one to score a double hundred in the 50-over format.
Australian great Sir Don Bradman, who has an astonishing Test average of 99.99, had said that Tendulkar's style of play reminds him of his own batting days.