86 students pass out at maiden convocation of IIT Gandhinagar
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
In his speech, chief guest N R Narayana Murthy, Infosys chairman emeritus, took on hues of patriotism and some criticism of the Indian personality.
Advising the graduating students on how to tackle what lies ahead in their lives, he said, "We Indians are not known for humility. Even the famous Persian logician and writer Al Barouni has commented on it after spending 32 years in India in the 10th century."
"We are also the most thin-skinned people in the world. We have to learn how to take criticisms objectively. If the other party has better data than you, accept their argument, learn from them and become a better-informed person," he told students.