8-year-old girl ‘shot at’ in Northeast Delhi
- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Mamata Banerjee releases candidates list for LS polls, lists out celebs and statistics
New Delhi:A minor girl was allegedly shot at in Jyoti Nagar, Northeast Delhi, when she was going to attend a wedding. Her parents told police that the girl was with them in a Maruti Swift Dzire at 9 pm on Wednesday, when she complained of a burning sensation in her left leg. "Her father Neeraj was driving the car and had stopped in front of a government school at Jyoti Nagar to ask for address of the wedding venue. Soon, the girl started crying and told her family members that there was a burning sensation in her leg. Neeraj checked and found blood oozing out from her thigh and took her to the nearest hospital," an officer said.
Metro hikes parking rates
New Delhi:Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Friday announced a hike in the parking rates. Daily parking charges have been doubled and monthly rates hiked by nearly 40 per cent. The revised parking rates will come into effect on March 1. Car parking will cost Rs 40, up from Rs 25 for a day. Monthly charges will be Rs 1,000, up from Rs 625. Daily parking charges for two-wheelers have been increased to Rs 20 from Rs 12. Monthly charges for the same will be Rs 475, up from Rs 300.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan