8-year-old raped in Maval; hunt on to arrest suspect
- Positions hardening, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- After Fali, former SC judge K T Thomas questions Lokpal selection
- Paswan calls him vikas purush as Modi sells âNational Development Allianceâ
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
An eight-year-old girl was raped by an unidentified person near her home on Kamshet-Pavananagar Road in Vadgaon Maval on Friday night, police said on Sunday.
The Vadgaon Maval police said a case was registered on Saturday after the girl told the mother about the incident. The girl's parents are migrant labourers.
Inspector Sopan More said: "The girl's parents were at
home and she was playing outside when an unidentified person offered her biscuits and
took her to a secluded place and raped her."
He added that they were yet to identify the suspect. "The girl is not in a condition to give us details. We have formed two teams to search for him," said More.
In another case, an 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a man on the pretext of marrying her. The Faraskhana police have booked a person from Hadapsar in connection with the case. Police said the suspect maintained physical relations with the girl but refused to marry her after she got pregnant. The man is yet to be arrested.