8-year-old raped in Maval; hunt on to arrest suspect
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
An eight-year-old girl was raped by an unidentified person near her home on Kamshet-Pavananagar Road in Vadgaon Maval on Friday night, police said on Sunday.
The Vadgaon Maval police said a case was registered on Saturday after the girl told the mother about the incident. The girl's parents are migrant labourers.
Inspector Sopan More said: "The girl's parents were at
home and she was playing outside when an unidentified person offered her biscuits and
took her to a secluded place and raped her."
He added that they were yet to identify the suspect. "The girl is not in a condition to give us details. We have formed two teams to search for him," said More.
In another case, an 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a man on the pretext of marrying her. The Faraskhana police have booked a person from Hadapsar in connection with the case. Police said the suspect maintained physical relations with the girl but refused to marry her after she got pregnant. The man is yet to be arrested.