8-year-old raped in Maval; hunt on to arrest suspect
- J&K crisis: Governor asks PDP, BJP to clarify stand on govt formation
- Inexcusable: Delhi Police brutally assault student protesters outside RSS HQs
- Andhra quota stir takes violent turn, train set on fire
- MS Dhoni's 'great speech' to team after whitewash: ‘Don’t slip from here’
- Is Gujarat not part of India? SC questions failure in implementing MNREGA, Food Act
An eight-year-old girl was raped by an unidentified person near her home on Kamshet-Pavananagar Road in Vadgaon Maval on Friday night, police said on Sunday.
The Vadgaon Maval police said a case was registered on Saturday after the girl told the mother about the incident. The girl's parents are migrant labourers.
Inspector Sopan More said: "The girl's parents were at
home and she was playing outside when an unidentified person offered her biscuits and
took her to a secluded place and raped her."
He added that they were yet to identify the suspect. "The girl is not in a condition to give us details. We have formed two teams to search for him," said More.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in the US demand a more strategic view of changing American politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms