8-year-old raped in Maval; hunt on to arrest suspect
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
An eight-year-old girl was raped by an unidentified person near her home on Kamshet-Pavananagar Road in Vadgaon Maval on Friday night, police said on Sunday.
The Vadgaon Maval police said a case was registered on Saturday after the girl told the mother about the incident. The girl's parents are migrant labourers.
Inspector Sopan More said: "The girl's parents were at
home and she was playing outside when an unidentified person offered her biscuits and
took her to a secluded place and raped her."
He added that they were yet to identify the suspect. "The girl is not in a condition to give us details. We have formed two teams to search for him," said More.
In another case, an 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a man on the pretext of marrying her. The Faraskhana police have booked a person from Hadapsar in connection with the case. Police said the suspect maintained physical relations with the girl but refused to marry her after she got pregnant. The man is yet to be arrested.