8-year-old raped, killed in Barabanki
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped before being murdered in Barabanki's Deva police circle on Monday night. The body of the girl was found in an open field at Sadsauli village early on Tuesday morning.
An FIR against unidentified persons on charges of rape and murder was lodged at the Deva police station by the girl's father, who works at a brickiln in Sadauli village.
"The autopsy of the girl has confirmed rape. She was smothered to death," said Inspector M M Khan.
He said the body was found around 500 metres away from the brickiln where her parents stayed. She was the only child of her parents, who are natives of Sitapur.
According to Khan, the girl on Monday evening had gone to a fair organised around a kilometre away from the brickiln. When she did not return home, her parents searched for her, but did not inform the police.
Early next morning, the locals spotted the girl's body in a field.