8-year-old raped, killed in Barabanki
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped before being murdered in Barabanki's Deva police circle on Monday night. The body of the girl was found in an open field at Sadsauli village early on Tuesday morning.
An FIR against unidentified persons on charges of rape and murder was lodged at the Deva police station by the girl's father, who works at a brickiln in Sadauli village.
"The autopsy of the girl has confirmed rape. She was smothered to death," said Inspector M M Khan.
He said the body was found around 500 metres away from the brickiln where her parents stayed. She was the only child of her parents, who are natives of Sitapur.
According to Khan, the girl on Monday evening had gone to a fair organised around a kilometre away from the brickiln. When she did not return home, her parents searched for her, but did not inform the police.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities