8-year-old raped, killed in Barabanki
- Rafale deal: India sign agreement with France to acquire 36 fighter jets
- Subrata Roy set to go back to Tihar jail; SC declines to extend parole
- Explained: Restricting Pakistan's access to Indus easier said than done
- MNS-affiliate sets 48-hour deadline for Pakistani artists to leave India
- BJP-BDJS alliance in Kerala on verge of collapse hints leader
An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped before being murdered in Barabanki's Deva police circle on Monday night. The body of the girl was found in an open field at Sadsauli village early on Tuesday morning.
An FIR against unidentified persons on charges of rape and murder was lodged at the Deva police station by the girl's father, who works at a brickiln in Sadauli village.
"The autopsy of the girl has confirmed rape. She was smothered to death," said Inspector M M Khan.
He said the body was found around 500 metres away from the brickiln where her parents stayed. She was the only child of her parents, who are natives of Sitapur.
According to Khan, the girl on Monday evening had gone to a fair organised around a kilometre away from the brickiln. When she did not return home, her parents searched for her, but did not inform the police.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now
- Gau rakshak vs Make in India
- Pope Francis’ message is one that India and Pakistan must hear
- Dengue & chikungunya can be tackled via swift surveillance, sustained controls
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth