8-year-old raped, killed in Barabanki
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped before being murdered in Barabanki's Deva police circle on Monday night. The body of the girl was found in an open field at Sadsauli village early on Tuesday morning.
An FIR against unidentified persons on charges of rape and murder was lodged at the Deva police station by the girl's father, who works at a brickiln in Sadauli village.
"The autopsy of the girl has confirmed rape. She was smothered to death," said Inspector M M Khan.
He said the body was found around 500 metres away from the brickiln where her parents stayed. She was the only child of her parents, who are natives of Sitapur.
According to Khan, the girl on Monday evening had gone to a fair organised around a kilometre away from the brickiln. When she did not return home, her parents searched for her, but did not inform the police.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi