9 SCOs fetch civic body Rs 15 crore
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
The Ludhiana Municipal Corporation finally hosted a successful auction for nine SCOs (shop-cum-offices) near Hotel Keys and got maximum hike of 46 percent from reserved price of Rs 1.50 lakh per square yard for one shop-cum-office. The maximum bid went to Rs 1.96 lakh per sqaure yard while the minimum it fetched was Rs 1.53 per square yard for one shop-cum-office. The auction saw 39 bidders present for nine shop-cum-offices. "The total money MC fetched for nin shop-cum-offices is Rs 15 crore with maximum hike of 46 percent for one shop-cum-office from base price," said Surinder Bindra, assistant town planner.
It is to be noted that while only 21 bidders were present when MC auctioned 30 SCOs on Nov 26 (21 got auctioned).