9 SCOs fetch civic body Rs 15 crore
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
The Ludhiana Municipal Corporation finally hosted a successful auction for nine SCOs (shop-cum-offices) near Hotel Keys and got maximum hike of 46 percent from reserved price of Rs 1.50 lakh per square yard for one shop-cum-office. The maximum bid went to Rs 1.96 lakh per sqaure yard while the minimum it fetched was Rs 1.53 per square yard for one shop-cum-office. The auction saw 39 bidders present for nine shop-cum-offices. "The total money MC fetched for nin shop-cum-offices is Rs 15 crore with maximum hike of 46 percent for one shop-cum-office from base price," said Surinder Bindra, assistant town planner.
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism
- As it completes 10 years, there is enough evidence to show that India needs the MGNREGA
- For Randhir Singh, teaching was next to revolution-making.
- Intizar Husain seemed as much a stranger in a strange land in Pakistan as he did in India
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment