Nine SSB jawans held for molesting NCC cadets in train
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
The Government Railway Police (GRP) has arrested nine Sashastra Seema Bal personnel on Friday evening at Mughalsarai junction in Uttar Pradesh after NCC girl cadets from the North Eastern states alleged that they were teased and molested by the jawans on board the New Delhi-Guwahati Sampark Kranti Express.
The incident took place on Friday as the Sampark Kranti Express train made its way through Uttar Pradesh when the troopers belonging to the SSB allegedly eve teased women passengers.
The harassed women were travelling in the train as part of a team of the National Cadet Corps (NCC), which is a tri services organization comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force.
After the compliant was lodged with the authorities, personnel belonging to the GRP swung into action as they tried to apprehend the culprits at the Mughalsarai station.
"Everybody over there indulged in eve teasing and nobody was refraining from it. Even when we changed our seats, they were still laughing at us and were passing lewd comments," said Savita, a harassed girl who narrated her experience to mediapersons at the station.
The authorities at the station searched all the compartments in the train and tried to apprehend the offending troopers.
"Girls who were travelling in the train's compartment number S-6 were eve teased and molested. The security forces at the railway station were given this information. The security personnel are doing their work and are apprehending the guilty by searching the train compartments," said Ratan Yadav, Inspector of the GRP.
A case of molestation has been registered against the troopers and they have been taken into police custody over the matter.