'9/1,000 air passengers bags mishandled'
In what may bring considerable relief to air travellers, cases related to mishandled baggage have reduced by almost 52.4 per cent in 2011 as compared to 2007, according to a report.
In 2011, 8.99 bags were mishandled per thousand passengers as compared 18.88 in 2007 as per the data compiled by SITA, a European aviation services company, in its eight Baggage Report 2012.
In 2011, 99.1 per cent of checked baggage was delivered on time, which the report claimed is the highest rate of successful delivery since 2007 when the report was first produced. Fewer cases of mishandled baggage have resulted in a saving of $650 million for the air transport industry over 2010.
While Europe has been most efficient is bringing down the mishandled baggage rate, Asia lags behind.
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself
- Not much time left for Modi's 'Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas'
- Let's admit, India among countries with highest levels of religious tolerance
- Inside Track: L K Advani's birthday business
- Bihar: what happened and why