9th certificate course in basic ornithology from next week
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Ela Foundation and MES Garware College will conduct the 9th "Certificate Course in Basic Ornithology," a no-profit course, from December 10. The duration of the course is three months, and the aim is to promote awareness on conservation of the environment by sensitising the students to the fundamentals of ornithology or bird science.
Anyone who has passed Class X is eligible.
This course is a step further to bird watching. Birds are essential and integral elements of our ecology and they attract man due to their beauty, flight and songs. Birds are indicators of our environmental health and and their study helps us understand the health of our ecology.The course consists of audio-visual lectures by noted ornithologists and ecologists with a faculty of more than 35 experts. It includes several field visits for studying birds in the natural habitats, Dr Satish Pande, Director of ELA foundation said.
Some of the major topics include — Avian Functional Anatomy, Physiology, How Birds Fly, The Puzzle of Bird Migration, Feeding, Populations and Breeding, Bird Habitats, Ethno-ornithology, Bird Behavior, Archaeo-Ornithology, Treating Sick Birds, Conservation, Birds as Pest Controllers, Field Study Techniques, Bird Calls and Communication, Flightless Birds, Bird Photography, etc.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words