9th certificate course in basic ornithology from next week
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Ela Foundation and MES Garware College will conduct the 9th "Certificate Course in Basic Ornithology," a no-profit course, from December 10. The duration of the course is three months, and the aim is to promote awareness on conservation of the environment by sensitising the students to the fundamentals of ornithology or bird science.
Anyone who has passed Class X is eligible.
This course is a step further to bird watching. Birds are essential and integral elements of our ecology and they attract man due to their beauty, flight and songs. Birds are indicators of our environmental health and and their study helps us understand the health of our ecology.The course consists of audio-visual lectures by noted ornithologists and ecologists with a faculty of more than 35 experts. It includes several field visits for studying birds in the natural habitats, Dr Satish Pande, Director of ELA foundation said.
Some of the major topics include — Avian Functional Anatomy, Physiology, How Birds Fly, The Puzzle of Bird Migration, Feeding, Populations and Breeding, Bird Habitats, Ethno-ornithology, Bird Behavior, Archaeo-Ornithology, Treating Sick Birds, Conservation, Birds as Pest Controllers, Field Study Techniques, Bird Calls and Communication, Flightless Birds, Bird Photography, etc.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it