A Biopic for Nawaz
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
This year has indeed been a landmark year for Nawazuddin Siddiqui. He has won accolades for his performances in Kahaani, Paan Singh Tomar, Gangs of Wasseypur and the recently released Talaash. He has a few more big-ticket films lined up in the coming months. However, the big news is that Siddiqui has been signed on to play the lead role in veteran theatre director Barry John's directorial debut, The End of Bandit Queen. The film is a biopic based on the life of Sher Singh Rana, who was accused of assassinating dacoit-turned-politician Phoolan Devi in 2001. Siddiqui will essay the role of Sher Singh Rana and the film is scheduled to go on floors in March 2013.