A Biopic for Nawaz
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
This year has indeed been a landmark year for Nawazuddin Siddiqui. He has won accolades for his performances in Kahaani, Paan Singh Tomar, Gangs of Wasseypur and the recently released Talaash. He has a few more big-ticket films lined up in the coming months. However, the big news is that Siddiqui has been signed on to play the lead role in veteran theatre director Barry John's directorial debut, The End of Bandit Queen. The film is a biopic based on the life of Sher Singh Rana, who was accused of assassinating dacoit-turned-politician Phoolan Devi in 2001. Siddiqui will essay the role of Sher Singh Rana and the film is scheduled to go on floors in March 2013.