A cocktail of melodies
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Uma stands by 'Modi not a good orator' remark; Swamy asks PC to 'improve Sonia's Hindi'
- Buses go off road in Mumbai as drivers, conductors strike against long duty hours
- Narendra Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- India-US chill over Khobragade claims Ambassador Nancy Powellâs job
- US visa ban on Narendra Modi to be lifted if he becomes PM: Report
Sony Music, Rs 175
With catchy lyrics, serenading tunes and diverse vocals, both Murder and Murder 2 had set a strong musical precedent in Bollywood. This level set by Anu Malik in the former and various composers like Mithoon and Harshit Saxena in the latter, was explored successfully, this time by Pritam with his fine melodies in Murder 3.
Jaata hai tujh tak is a groovy, foot-tapping number and an impressive club mix. Nikhil D'Souza is great at the mike as he lifts the mood of the song. The main verse has a good recall value. There is another version of the same song with slightly different lyrics in the album with the same composition. It's definitely the highlight of the album.
Next is Hum jee lenge, which begins with the strumming of the guitar. This song was written and performed by Mustafa Zahid from Pakistani rock band, Roxen, years ago. Zahid takes the mike for the song in the movie too. The song speaks about moving on in life after failing in love. There is also a rock version of the song which is commendable. The guitar is dominant in this version too. There's no major alteration in tempo or mood of the song. Maybe that's the reason the original version catches your fancy more than the rock variation.
Next up is Teri jhuki nazar, the first song from the album which was publicly released. Sung incredibly by Shafqat Amanat Ali, it's one of those romantic numbers that define a Bhatt film.
KK surprises with his absolutely amazing rendition of Mat aazma re, which comes next in the soundtrack. Groovy beats and techno elements make the song even more interesting.
Soundtracks of films coming from the Bhatt camp, and most importantly starring Emraan Hashmi are usually chart bursters. Although, the album of Murder 3 tries and inculcates elements from the earlier two films, it is strong enough to stand its own ground, musically independent.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters