A director never finishes a film, he abandons it
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Gadkari âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
He likes to drive his characters mad and make his audience uncomfortable. He doesn't believe in Happy Endings but he believes in magic. Filmmaker Darren Aronofsky is a bit of this and a bit of that. In person, the mind behind intense and tough films like Black Swan, The Wrestler, Requiem for a Dream is funny and easy. At a roundtable chat organized at the just concluded 12 International Marrakech Film Festival, Aronofsky, he was full of quips and quotes. He even professed his love for Hi Fi (that's Hindi Film Industry, by the way) and spoke at length about his forthcoming Russell Crowe film Noah
On Hurricane Sandy's Impact on the Filming of Noah: We actually were quite okay. We built a sea worthy vessel, the actual Ark was built in Long Island, which got wrecked since the impact of the Hurricane on Long Island was a lot. We couldn't reach the sets for weeks. There was no electricity in that area for four days. But the emotional and human toll was much more than physical toll.
On Taking to Twitter to Give Details About Noah: I'm a pretty private person. Agreed that twitter is a pretty strange thing for me to get involved with, but I feel that we are in the New World so if one hasn't got on to social media then one can feel left out. I've observed the great comedian Louis C.K. over the years. That guy has made millions by talking to his fanbase! I still don't know how filmmakers will benefit from twitter but personally I like talking to young filmmakers, enjoy participating in Q & A and teasing people a bit so I kind of like twitter. The studio was a bit unsure but being on twitter allowed me the chance to let out the first image of the film. Doing this on our own is way better, it restricts a big crane sitting on the set. So I guess, it works well.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore