A fashionable affair
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
After a successful run last year, Couture, a boutique exhibition of designer wear, is back in Pune. Organised by Smita Patwardhan, Naina Mutha and Monica Trivedi, the two-day exhibition will be held at Hotel Ista, Nagar Road, from February 28. The event brings collections by Rohit Bal, Neeru Kumar and other renowned Indian designers under one roof. Fashion brand Tex Indus — owned by Vijay Lakshmi Dogra — which caters to the likes of Hillary Clinton, Jessica Cauffiel, Hema Malini, Karishma Kapoor and Kirron Kher — will present a collection that ranges from dreamy pastels to dramatic contrasts with a riot of colours, layering and texturing. Manisha Thayramal from Jaipur will put up her royal collection in chirpy hues. Luxurious Malaga Bags by Malini Agarwal and classy footwear by Stoffa shoes will also be up for grabs. "We want to give Puneites an opportunity to indulge in exclusive brands in the luxury of a five star hotel. It may be a niche market in terms of exclusivity but there is something for everybody. The idea of Couture is to bring unique and affordable fashion to Pune," says Patwardhan. The exhibition will also include kidswear, lifestyle essentials, accessories and artwork.