A month after blaze, Safal Pegasus complex still shut
- LIVE: Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken away for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
A month after Safal Pegasus complex at Prahladnagar was sealed after a major fire, majority of the 100-odd corporate offices operating out of the commercial complex are yet to begin operations. Most of them have shifted to temporary locations after the fire.
"We have to apply for a No-objection Certificate (NOC) afresh. When can we do that, I am not sure," said Parimal Shah, president of the Safal Pegasus complex association. Shah is unsure when the offices can begin, after the fire on November 6 left eleven persons injured. The fire department of AMC had cancelled the NOC of the complex.
"In the wake of lacking fire safety norms, AMC has cancelled the NOC of the building. Till all these fire safety measures are met and required amendments done in the building, its owners cannot occupy it and resume their operations," said Chief Fire Officer M S Dastur.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students