A murky tale
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
Anushka Sharma had to plunge into dark water and shoot in fly-infested fields for Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola
Anushka Sharma was excited at the thought of rising out of the water for a scene in Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola which director Vishal Bhardwaj had conceived in great detail for her. What the actress had not bargained for was, that instead of sparkling blue water of a swimming pool, it would be a small pool of muddy water in a tiny village in Haryana from which she would have to emerge.
"Since the dirty water was also infested with all kinds of insects and other water creatures, we didn't know how Anushka would react to taking a dip there. In fact everyone was waiting with bated breath in case she refused to do the scene. But being the thorough professional that she is, Anushka went ahead and did it perfectly," informs a source from the production team.
Shooting in the fields of Chandigarh was also a challenge for the actress. Sharma says, "It was difficult to shoot in the fields because there were tiny flies that would keep going into my nose. It was very distracting, especially while shooting a song sequence." Matru.... which also stars Imran
Khan and Pankaj Kapur releases on January 11.
Listen Amaya Love and life