A night to remember
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Glamour, glitz, showbiz, spectacle and large doses of entertainment ensured that the 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards on Saturday was an affair to remember in Bollywood. What made it so special was the presence of stars and the members of the fraternity in good numbers, magnificent performances and acts. Most importantly, it was an occasion to celebrate all that makes Indian cinema enjoy such an overriding impact in popular consciousness. Talk brings you some of the best moments of the awards night.
At the Screen Awards, Ayushmann Khurana met veteran Shah Rukh Khan and used this opportunity to seek some career advice. In response, the superstar orchestrated a parade of children wearing masks that resembled Khurana — a friendly dig at the young actor's sleeper hit Vicky Donor.
Priyanka Chopra demonstrated that she can take risks on- and off-screen. She left the audience enthralled when she mounted an airborne set piece.
Amitabh Bachchan was conferred the Legend of Indian Cinema honour by Shabana Azmi, Vidya Balan and Riteish Deshmukh while Shah Rukh Khan played host. On the occasion, Bachchan spoke about his special relationship with Screen Awards.
In one of the most spectacular acts of the evening, Sonakshi Sinha performed on a medley of her latest hits. The audience reaction reaffirmed her popularity among the masses.
The very talented Mika Singh had the audience singing along in one of the first performances of the evening. He set the stage for other dazzling performances that followed.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2