A night to remember
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Glamour, glitz, showbiz, spectacle and large doses of entertainment ensured that the 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards on Saturday was an affair to remember in Bollywood. What made it so special was the presence of stars and the members of the fraternity in good numbers, magnificent performances and acts. Most importantly, it was an occasion to celebrate all that makes Indian cinema enjoy such an overriding impact in popular consciousness. Talk brings you some of the best moments of the awards night.
At the Screen Awards, Ayushmann Khurana met veteran Shah Rukh Khan and used this opportunity to seek some career advice. In response, the superstar orchestrated a parade of children wearing masks that resembled Khurana — a friendly dig at the young actor's sleeper hit Vicky Donor.
Priyanka Chopra demonstrated that she can take risks on- and off-screen. She left the audience enthralled when she mounted an airborne set piece.
Amitabh Bachchan was conferred the Legend of Indian Cinema honour by Shabana Azmi, Vidya Balan and Riteish Deshmukh while Shah Rukh Khan played host. On the occasion, Bachchan spoke about his special relationship with Screen Awards.
In one of the most spectacular acts of the evening, Sonakshi Sinha performed on a medley of her latest hits. The audience reaction reaffirmed her popularity among the masses.
The very talented Mika Singh had the audience singing along in one of the first performances of the evening. He set the stage for other dazzling performances that followed.