A night to remember
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Glamour, glitz, showbiz, spectacle and large doses of entertainment ensured that the 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards on Saturday was an affair to remember in Bollywood. What made it so special was the presence of stars and the members of the fraternity in good numbers, magnificent performances and acts. Most importantly, it was an occasion to celebrate all that makes Indian cinema enjoy such an overriding impact in popular consciousness. Talk brings you some of the best moments of the awards night.
At the Screen Awards, Ayushmann Khurana met veteran Shah Rukh Khan and used this opportunity to seek some career advice. In response, the superstar orchestrated a parade of children wearing masks that resembled Khurana — a friendly dig at the young actor's sleeper hit Vicky Donor.
Priyanka Chopra demonstrated that she can take risks on- and off-screen. She left the audience enthralled when she mounted an airborne set piece.
Amitabh Bachchan was conferred the Legend of Indian Cinema honour by Shabana Azmi, Vidya Balan and Riteish Deshmukh while Shah Rukh Khan played host. On the occasion, Bachchan spoke about his special relationship with Screen Awards.
In one of the most spectacular acts of the evening, Sonakshi Sinha performed on a medley of her latest hits. The audience reaction reaffirmed her popularity among the masses.
The very talented Mika Singh had the audience singing along in one of the first performances of the evening. He set the stage for other dazzling performances that followed.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment