A Plum Spread
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
With each passing week, the recently opened Elante mall is asserting its presence in the city, not just as a new shopping hub but also as a new dining destination. If you thought Sector 26 was the happening restaurant zone of Chandigarh, it's time you recce the third floor of this mall. The latest to open doors here is Plum. The name might not instantly give away its core menu but it begins to make sense once you are flipping the pages and noticing the plum-hued interiors.
Quite like the fruit, the variety on the menu at this 80-plus cover Asian bistro is juicy and well-endowed. Think any Oriental dish, and in all proabability, it's tucked away in one of the many pages of the menu here. Sushi, check. Teppanyaki, check. Thai lemongrass chicken, check. Burmese Khao Suey, check. Yakitori, check. A melting pot of menus it definitely is, but before we get down to describing our dining experience, we have to admit the interiors are by far one of the most unique we have spotted in the city. Designed like a "house in a box", Plum has a unique wooden hut-like structure housed at an angle within the restaurant. The roof will remind you of a chalet with its beams and the multiple drop lights add to the soft charm. The walls are made up of many small squares with floral cut-outs.
As we get down to the menu, we realise it does take a while to zero in on the order. There's a lot to choose from. Some of it is predictable like dimsums and baos but the presence of sushi and Buckwheat soba noodles alongside Japanese udon noodles is a pleasant surprise. We began our meal with one portion of California roll (sushi) while sipping on a much recommended Strawberry Blush mocktail. The salmon roll was a good introduction to the sushi lineup here, especially if you aren't too keen on the latter.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi