A R Rahman invited to perform live with Pussycat Dolls
- Powerful bomb rips through bus in Peshawar in Pakistan, 16 killed
- India acts on Pakistan NSA’s tip-off, kills 3 terrorists: Home official
- Kolkata: Two Jamat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh members arrested
- BJP is 'most anti-national of all', tweets Arvind Kejriwal
- The 11 Trinamool Congress leaders caught on video allegedly accepting bribes
Oscar-winning musician and singer A R Rahman has been invited to perform live along with the famous Pussycat Dolls -- a pop girl group and dance ensemble -- at the prestigious National Mall here next summer on the occasion of the India's historic participation in the America's world famous Polo Cup.
A large number of eminent Indian and American personalities, besides fashion designers and culinary experts are being invited to celebrate the two day event on June 11 and 12 next year to make this a memorable event for years to come, organisers of the Polo Cup said yesterday at a kick-off reception here.
Tareq Salahi, captain of the US polo team, said this would be for the first time that A R Rahman and Pussycat Dolls would be performing live together.
India's noted fashion designers too are being invited for the event, which would involve a polo tournament between Indian and American team.
Thousands of people are likely to converge at the National Mall during the two-day annual event.
Speaking on the occasion, the Deputy Ambassador to the US, Arun K Singh, said the polo match between India and the US next year to be played at the National Mall reflects another dimension of the growing relationship between the two countries.
This will enhance sports and cultural links between India and the US, he said.
Commenting on this polo challenge for the first time between India and the US, spokeswoman, Michaele Salahi said:
"The America's Polo Cup aspires to bring the love of the game to a wider audience and bring international cultures together in a celebration of both their common bonds and their diversity."
"This special global program includes national and international festivities that showcase elements dear to both nations, including community and international good will, air shows, sportsmanship, music, wine, cuisine, adventure and freedom," Salahi said.
- Punjab has a small share of its own rivers, a farming crisis. Solution doesn’t lie in court
- AMU: At stake in the minority status row is a larger principle
- The Left and left-liberals must admit to their comprehensive shortcomings
- Reform of agricultural markets and land lease laws must be a priority
- Aadhaar bill could shrink our right to privacy. It should have been fully debated in Rajya Sabha
- India-Pak cricket has been a proxy for nationalism. It can also bridge distrust