Priyanka Chopra, A R Rahman most popular Indian faces on Facebook
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
With more than one crore fan following on Facebook, Oscar-winning music composer A R Rahman has become the most popular Indian on the social networking site by leaving behind Amitabh Bachchan and Sachin Tendulkar.
The 46-year-old 'Jai Ho' hitmaker, who has a page on Facebook, has been liked by 10,138,509 fans and 81,159 people have commented on it.
Rahman also posted a picture on the page which says, "10,000,000 and thanks."
Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar is the second most popular face on the networking site with 9,109,898 likes followed by 'Dabangg' star Salman Khan, who has 7,534,958 fans.
Actor Aamir Khan has bagged the fourth position with 6,367,036 fans. Whereas Bollywood megastar Bachchan, who is quite active on the social networking sites, has been followed by 3,600,477 fans.
Among the actresses, Priyanka Chopra has 3,552,699 fans. Actors Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar and melody queen Lata Mangeshkar have bagged the seventh, eighth, nineth and tenth spots respectively.