A Smart Move
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Her fans even today consider her among the most talented female actors that Bollywood has had. Aware of this, Madhuri Dixit-Nene is busy setting the stage for her big screen comeback. The actor, who returned from the US with her family in 2011 after spending a decade there, has been carefully building on her brand with her endorsement deals and her role as a dance reality show judge, in keeping with her popularity as a dancer.
Her recent move in this direction is her online dance academy that she launched with her husband in Mumbai on Monday. Called Dance With Madhuri, it aims to take forward her image as the dancing diva. The academy will allow subscribers to learn dance from Dixit-Nene, who will demonstrate and share tips online. "I have been dancing since I was three years old. I want to take the passion of dancing to every household," she said at the launch, adding that they will bring various classical and Western dance forms under one roof. The 45-year-old, dressed in a white peplum dress, looked chic — a welcome change from the blingy costumes that had become her staple.