A troubleshooter team, helpline launched for Ahmedabad women
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
Amid growing concerns over the safety of women in different parts of the country, a troubleshooter team — Women Defence Committee (WDC) — for the womenfolk of the city has been formed. The committee started functioning on Friday.
Lok Rakshak Seva Samiti, an NGO, has formed the committee and launched helpline number 8140581405. According to the NGO, a team of two boys, two girls and one eunuch, all equipped with unarmed combat methods, will reach the trouble spot within 10 minutes of getting the call.
Three hundred volunteers have registered themselves. "They will reach the spot in no time as they will be moving in five Maruti vans all over the city," said Pruthvi Bhatt, president of Lok Rakshak Seva Samiti (Gujarat).