A troubleshooter team, helpline launched for Ahmedabad women
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Amid growing concerns over the safety of women in different parts of the country, a troubleshooter team — Women Defence Committee (WDC) — for the womenfolk of the city has been formed. The committee started functioning on Friday.
Lok Rakshak Seva Samiti, an NGO, has formed the committee and launched helpline number 8140581405. According to the NGO, a team of two boys, two girls and one eunuch, all equipped with unarmed combat methods, will reach the trouble spot within 10 minutes of getting the call.
Three hundred volunteers have registered themselves. "They will reach the spot in no time as they will be moving in five Maruti vans all over the city," said Pruthvi Bhatt, president of Lok Rakshak Seva Samiti (Gujarat).