A troubleshooter team, helpline launched for Ahmedabad women
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
Amid growing concerns over the safety of women in different parts of the country, a troubleshooter team — Women Defence Committee (WDC) — for the womenfolk of the city has been formed. The committee started functioning on Friday.
Lok Rakshak Seva Samiti, an NGO, has formed the committee and launched helpline number 8140581405. According to the NGO, a team of two boys, two girls and one eunuch, all equipped with unarmed combat methods, will reach the trouble spot within 10 minutes of getting the call.
Three hundred volunteers have registered themselves. "They will reach the spot in no time as they will be moving in five Maruti vans all over the city," said Pruthvi Bhatt, president of Lok Rakshak Seva Samiti (Gujarat).
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China