A troubleshooter team, helpline launched for Ahmedabad women
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Amid growing concerns over the safety of women in different parts of the country, a troubleshooter team — Women Defence Committee (WDC) — for the womenfolk of the city has been formed. The committee started functioning on Friday.
Lok Rakshak Seva Samiti, an NGO, has formed the committee and launched helpline number 8140581405. According to the NGO, a team of two boys, two girls and one eunuch, all equipped with unarmed combat methods, will reach the trouble spot within 10 minutes of getting the call.
Three hundred volunteers have registered themselves. "They will reach the spot in no time as they will be moving in five Maruti vans all over the city," said Pruthvi Bhatt, president of Lok Rakshak Seva Samiti (Gujarat).
"We will inform the police about the incident of harassment of women. And if they fail to register a case, we will handle the case on our own. The offender will be thrashed publicly..." Bhatt added.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express