A wide gap between a rape charge and punishment
Maneesh Chhibber : New Delhi, Mon Dec 24 2012, 10:59 hrs
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
The bill pegs the minimum punishment for rape at seven years. The maximum is life imprisonment. It has not been discussed in the Lok Sabha yet.