A2Z to introduce dustbins of two colours
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A2Z, the garbage collection company which is all set to start its operations in all the 75 wards of the city by February-end, will be introducing dustbins of two colours. To segregate the waste, while green dustbins will be for biodegradable waste, blue dustbins will be for non-biodegradable waste.
"We will provide the residents with green and a blue bin so that the garbage could be segregated easily. This is essential so that the garbage is differentiated when it is put into the bins. Even if it is not distributed, it would be segregated by those employees of the company who would bring the garbage to the dumping ground of their respective localities," said Rahul Sharma, who is the company head for zone C and D.
The company has more than 500 metal bins around the city in which garbage is dumped and picked up by the vehicles of the company.